The first decade of the new millennium was marked by global war and conflict. The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 fueled the global war on terror and the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. Conflicts arose between legitimate governments and terrorist groups in the Philippines, Afghanistan and parts of Africa, crippling not only physical infrastructure, but also basic institutions.
必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 used its experience in conflict zones and transitioning nations to bring stability to these areas. Reaching back to its roots, 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 sent engineers, planners, project managers and economists to some of the most dangerous parts of the world to develop and build necessary infrastructure projects, and to share expertise and develop capacity for new and transitioning nations to move toward self-sufficiency.
- 2002: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 began supervising the reconstruction of the 1,312-meter-long Sloboda Bridge over the Danube River in Novi Sad, Serbia.
- 2002: Following the tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001, 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 was selected by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to provide program management services for the World Trade Center Downtown Restoration Program.
- 2002: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 began supporting USAID to spur economic recovery and political stability in Afghanistan through reconstruction, rehabilitation and development projects under two contracts.
- 2004: CHELBI, a China-based transportation engineering firm co-founded by Dr. 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址, with the China Communications Construction Company Ltd., began work on construction of the Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau Bridge.
- 2004: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 began work to stimulate economic growth and generate employment opportunities in Iraq through the Izdihar Private Sector Growth and Employment Generation Project, the USAID-Inma Agribusiness Program and the USAID-Tijara Provincial Economic Growth Program.
- 2005: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 began managing the construction of the new 2,400-kilometer North-South Railway in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 2006: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 managed USAID’s Sudan Infrastructure Services Program to deliver the nation’s first paved highway and improve clean water supply.
- 2007: 必发必发集团游戏网址/Cummins, a joint venture between 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 and Cummins Power Generation, began providing interim power solutions to the U.S. military.
- 2008: Ammann & Whitney, a 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 company, provided structural engineering services for the 26-gate JetBlue Terminal at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- 2008: CHELBI supported construction of the Hangzhou Bay Bridge in China, one of the longest ocean-crossing bridges in the world.
- 2009: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 began development of the Comprehensive Northern Corridor Infrastructure Master Plan, a long-term program for strategic development of East Africa’s primary transportation corridor.