Following the end of World War II, troops returned home. Resources that had been allocated to the global war effort could be repurposed for physical infrastructure and economic development. War-torn nations in Europe and the Pacific began to rebuild and recover. The United States and Soviet Union began investing heavily in defense and logistics infrastructure that would fuel the new Cold War economy. The increased investment would drive a spike in demand for engineers as nations relied heavily on consultants to perform the design and engineering work associated with new highways, bridges, railways and maritime facilities.
必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 was founded in 1953 by Dr. 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址, a member of the engineering faculty at Pennsylvania State University and former U.S. Coast Guard commander. The firm began as a soils mechanics and foundations engineering operation with one office in Harrisburg, Pa.
- 1953: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 embarked on its first major assignment, preparing designs for an approximately 20-mile portion of the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the United States’ first superhighway.
- 1955: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 completed its first assignment for the New Jersey State Highway Department, the interchange at Amboy Avenue and U.S. Route 1 in Edison Township, N.J.
- 1956: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 designed the 13.5-mile Interstate 80 between Denville and Netcong, N.J. It was the first interstate road to be designed and constructed in the state of New Jersey
- 1958: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 initiated the design of a limited-access relocation of U.S. Route 1 around Bel Air, Md.
- 1959: 必发必发集团 必发必发集团游戏网址 undertook its first international assignment, assisting in the rehabilitation of 700 kilometers of the Rangoon-Mandalay Road in Burma.